Friday, January 17, 2014

Should be "purdy"

I woke up early... 4:12 am... seems to be a developing pattern.  This time though it was due to "nature's calling".  I've been drinking so much water and fluids, trying to lesson this burning colicky pain in my bladder.  Guess the poor lining is not too pleased with the concoction entering.  So I drink.  And drink.  And of course.... well, you know.

I'm not feeling very well this morning.  Tummy upset.  Legs weak and a little wobbly.  Farmer Husband makes our usual end of the week breakfast - chocolate malto-meal.  Ally-girl has banana muffins with cream cheese icing and red and green sprinkles.  She's thrilled.

An hour an a half later, after both children have been delivered to their respective schools, Farmer Husband and I pack up some lunch, paint, eggs, and a few other important tools.  Today we go to the "other" house to clean, spackle, sand, and paint.  "If I get too tired, may I just sit and rest?" I wonder aloud.  So much to do before we can get the final carpet in and place the whole thing on the market.

Dings, bangs, holes, scrapes, and dirt awaited us when we arrived to survey the damage from the previous renters.  I was able to find all the right paint for every room except the master bedroom and bath.  This room was formerly a lovely lilac light blue.  I had picked it out to match our beautiful bedspread when we lived there.  Unfortunately, I couldn't find the right color and tried to match it as best as I could at the store.  From the color of the paint in the can it looked perfect.  But spread it on..... ah!!!!! It's an iris purple!  Which would have been beautiful if that was the look I was after.... alas, it will be now.

We spent five hours.  Got a lot done.  Am pretty tired this afternoon but thankful that I was able to accomplish something. Perhaps tomorrow I can finish the bedroom and decide how I am going to lighten the bathroom.

Today's Journey Joys: lilac and iris purple, afternoon sunshine, rumbling dishwasher, Friday pizza, good muscle stretching, white paint art on hands.


Melancholy

I shouldn't write when I'm feeling like this.  Emotionally fragile and oscillating between tears, fears, and frustration.  Yet ...