Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Bucket


What do you do when your bucket is leaking?  At least that is what seems to be happening.  There must be a slow seeping.  

Today was the third day of weekly chemotherapy.  

I didn't feel so grand going.  Tummy upset and tired.  I slept fitfully in the night. The clock kept adding.  I listened.  Children repositioning, Farmer Husband with a slow deep but gentle buzz.  The occasional house creak.  I tried to readjust to a sleep worthy place.  Alas, it was not forth coming.  My mind kept rehearsing the next morning. Ally's school was cancelled.  Ben's was not.  I have a 3 hour infusion.  It is cold, still.  My gracious friend Stacy will wonderfully open her packed home for one more child. (Thank you!).  Computer programming club after school.  Orthodontic appointment. Pickup and appointment at the same time. Chess tournament in the evening.  Juggle, juggle, juggle.  But eventually, by focusing on the intricacies of different flowers in my mind and by giving thanks for those features I was able to find rest.  

I am feeling more tired today.  Last week's restful and sleepy chemo escaped me this week. But grace upon grace I am being showered with love.  Tater-tot casserole, Wisconsin cheese soup, breakfast muffins, some truly amazing out of this world cookies, macaroni and cheese, and chocolate chip muffins.  My refrigerator is full.  I will not have to use mental energy (or physical for that matter) deciding what to make for supper.  Dear friends have blessed me. Oh-so-grateful.  I ponder awhile to wonder why food preparation is such an act of compassion. Deep into my heart the love fills.

I will rest more this evening.  

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances, for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you." (I Thessalonians 5:16-18)

Today's Journey Joys: seeing friends, stories of adolescent faith, compassion food, blue clear skies, extra time at the infusion center for resting, braces on the young one, laughter.

Melancholy

I shouldn't write when I'm feeling like this.  Emotionally fragile and oscillating between tears, fears, and frustration.  Yet ...