Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Friends

No, she doesn't always have a mint cookie delight ice cream cone from Whitey's in her hand. In fact, this is the first time I've ever seen her with one. (ok, I confess. It's mine... I asked her to hold it while I took the picture.)

But she does have a warm, embracing, accepting and loving way about her. I mean, look at that smile. How can you not smile back? Meet my friend. I am blessed.

I am blessed to have a friend who holds her relationship with Christ, with her husband and with her children in the forefront of life. Her words are thoughtful, encouraging, gentle, and penetrating. Who could ask for a better friend? She is creative in ways that I have not been gifted. She is a strong prayful woman....often reminding me of the impossible woman. You know, the Proverbs 31 lady. She can do it all. And she does it all well. Isn't it great to be able to rub shoulders with someone like her? Indeed, I am a blessed woman to have Stacy as my friend.

Today's Journey Joy: friends

Melancholy

I shouldn't write when I'm feeling like this.  Emotionally fragile and oscillating between tears, fears, and frustration.  Yet ...