Thursday, August 13, 2009

Ponderings

But I will hope continually,
and will praise you yet the more.
My mouth will tell of your righteous acts,
of your deeds of salvation all day long,
though their number is past my knowledge.

I will come praising the mighty deeds of the Lord God,
I will praise your righteousness, yours alone.

O God, from my youth you have taught me,
and I still proclaim your wondrous deeds.
So even to old age and gray hairs,
O God, do not forsake me,
until I proclaim your might to all the generations to come.

Your power and your righteousness, O God,
reach the high heavens.
You who have done great things,
O God, who is like you?

(Psalm 71: 14-19)


"You who have done great things, O God, who is like you?" Good question. During today's journey I will joy in the wondrous things that the Lord has made and taught me.

Today's journey joy: God's incomparable Person

Melancholy

I shouldn't write when I'm feeling like this.  Emotionally fragile and oscillating between tears, fears, and frustration.  Yet ...