Saturday, June 28, 2014

The time has come

Tomorrow, my dear friend Kathy and I drive to Rochester.  It's a little hard for my mind and heart to embrace..... Tuesday I have surgery.  I've never had surgery before.  The closest thing to surgery was when they put my venous port in for the chemotherapy.  A strange experience.

I think I'm telling myself that the worst is over (chemo) and that the rest is doable.  But I also know myself and I do not like pain.  For some reason it seems to affect not just me physically but also emotionally, mentally, and spiritually.  And frankly, it is usually not for the better.  So I'm apprehensive.

The idea of surgically removing, what look to me, as perfectly good breasts is mind boggling.  But I know it must be done.  It is part of the process of getting better.  Oh to be better.

So think and pray for me this week please.

Peace.

Sense of God's presence and strength.

Successful surgery with meticulous and competent surgeons.

Family, who will be staying home....Ben, Ally and Farmer husband Gary.

Peace.

Thank you.

Today's Journey Joys:  picking up a couple ton of bricks (oh, I'm sore and tired!), hoophouses for a great deal, an amazing husband who works so hard and diligently - never complaining, children who laugh and love, baby kittens at play, showers - both inside and out, and rest.

Melancholy

I shouldn't write when I'm feeling like this.  Emotionally fragile and oscillating between tears, fears, and frustration.  Yet ...