Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Ally and the Zoo

A couple of weeks ago now Ally and I went to our little local zoo.  Our friend Katie and her daughter joined us for the fun adventure.  It was a neat time sharing views of the beautiful animals.  I was having a relatively good morning, in the midst of chemotherapy.  But we stayed for just a couple of hours.  Katie paid for the train tour and the merry-go-round, which was a hit of course with Ally.  It was warm, bright and lovely.

Ally in front of the giraffe enclosure

Hello there.

Couldn't capture a picture with her eyes opened....

I didn't have the strength at the end of our morning to lift Ally girl.  But Katie was up to the task!
It's kind of a goofy picture.  We were sitting on the little train together and I snapped this shot about a foot from her.  It does capture my girl's never ending sense of adventure and fun!

Today's Journey Joys: remembering adventures at the zoo during chemo, Katie - our new friend,  the wonder of beautiful animals, strawberries coming out my ears, potatoes growing and flowering, a beautiful full row of raspberries, and did I mention?  Three weeks since the last chemo treatment!  And getting stronger....Yippee!

Melancholy

I shouldn't write when I'm feeling like this.  Emotionally fragile and oscillating between tears, fears, and frustration.  Yet ...