Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Hope of Spring

It happens every year to me. It seems it happens sooner though. Last year it was mid-February. This year I am succumbing to it at the end of January. You know, it's winter weariness. I'm tired. Really tired. I wake up and it's dark. It's dark before supper. The temperatures are ccccooolllldddd. The sky pale gray-blue. Everything white, brown, golden or gray. I need green. I need yellow. I need red. I need blue. I need.... Spring.

But Spring is months away.

Perhaps it's just that I physically do not feel well. Some upper respiratory illness. Coughing, sneezing, aching, tired. Going on 3 weeks now. Ugh. I'll get better... hopefully before spring.

The bees will fly, the birds sing and the flowers will bloom. It will happen. I am hoping.

Today's Journey Joy - photos of color

Melancholy

I shouldn't write when I'm feeling like this.  Emotionally fragile and oscillating between tears, fears, and frustration.  Yet ...