Monday, October 17, 2016

Autumn's Preparations


Firewood ready to split.  I'm so thankful for renewable resources which are readily available. I'm imagining being toasty warm inside during a cold, breezy snow storm. Drinking hot tea and ginger snap cookies.  Why wait?
Gourds

Harvesting popcorn before the racoons and deer do it for me.

Our neighbor's beautiful young cattle.  They like to look at me while I'm working.  I wonder what they think about?

Lavender - growing but still little.  I sure hope they make it through the winter.

The last of the zinnias.   We had two evenings of frost last week.
Rusty golden colors of autumn

The bones of the hedge apple tree starting to show.    
Cactus & Oklahoma zinnia.
The road less traveled.....
Today's Journey Joys:  Turkey and chicken processing done for the year.  A summer-like warm day after nights of brrr-cold temperatures, kitty-fur thickening, bees tucked into bed for winter, crunching of leaves during morning strolls to meet the bus, sweet potatoes and pumpkin pie, applesauce and muffins, brewing coffee and tea.

Melancholy

I shouldn't write when I'm feeling like this.  Emotionally fragile and oscillating between tears, fears, and frustration.  Yet ...