Saturday, September 6, 2014

The Tolling of the Bell

Ring out! 
Ring this bell
 Three times well
 The toll to clearly say
My treatments are done
Its course is done
 And I am on my way!

The radiation "machine" which zapped me 25 times over 5 weeks.  The whole things pivots and turns.

My pink hat on and I'm resting my arms in a form mold made on the first day of the "simulation".  I eventually will also have goggles on for watching my breathing and holding my breath during the treatments and a blue "cold" plastic-like cover called a breast mold placed on me.  But modesty prevented me from having my photo taken in that "get up".

I'm done!
  I rang that bell like I was on board my ol' Navy ship.  Loud and sharp.  And we all cheered...Katy and I and the 25 folks in the waiting room.....thrilled to be done.

Dear Katy came the whole 250+ miles to be with me while I rang the bell.  It was such a special time with her being there.  Words can not express the gratitude and tremendous joy I felt.  An unexpected sojourner and dear friend in life's journey.


Today's Journey Joys: Katy - truly an unforeseen friend when I started this cancer journey. Now I don't know what I would have done without her.  A God-send indeed. "Thank You Lord for the many dear friends who have walked with me, supported, laughed, and cried, prayed and rejoiced with me.  You are faithful!"

Melancholy

I shouldn't write when I'm feeling like this.  Emotionally fragile and oscillating between tears, fears, and frustration.  Yet ...