Saturday, May 30, 2009

Zilchie and her kittens

I marvel at our cat. She's patient, clean, productive, gentle, and wonderful. She had her second litter of kittens. Last year she had four. This year she had five. My son has named them: Episolon, Zeta, Eta (who I call "Fluffy"), Tippy and Boots.

Zilchie just gives and gives to her little ones. Lately, she has been hunting for them and bringing back little mice. They gobble them up right away. But any time she is around they want to nurse. Sometimes she lets them; other times she doesn't. She takes care of herself too. Today, I saw her resting in the shade for a couple of hours. Perhaps I should learn something from Zilchie.

Rest anyone?

Today's Journey Joy: Observing our mama cat

Melancholy

I shouldn't write when I'm feeling like this.  Emotionally fragile and oscillating between tears, fears, and frustration.  Yet ...