Monday, December 28, 2009

"Twas three days after Christmas....

'Twas three days after Christmas and all through the house
All the children were stirring as if they had louse
Itchy with boredom; wiggly with sight
How could they survive this week, this day, and this night?

There's mom in a frantic, a frenzy and a fury.
Clean up your room, pick up your clothes,
Wash the laundry, use your new game
And please, please, please, why do I feel so lame?

There's snow in the field and a chill in the air
The wind whips around houses with a cold wintry flare.
How come the Season has ended this way?
How can I help and repair the day's sleigh?

I'd liked to be playing, resting, or reading
But the trappings of Christmas require some weeding
The papers pile high, the boxes as well
Why in the world do I clean with a yell?

But sitting down resting, taking a spell
I practice what I know can ring those Christmas bells
Focus on the King, the Savior, the Child
And then I will find joy in the midst of this wild.

Melancholy

I shouldn't write when I'm feeling like this.  Emotionally fragile and oscillating between tears, fears, and frustration.  Yet ...